OUR STORIBOOK

OUR STORIBOOK







Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wednesday's Weekly Wisdom

With four kids in our house and with two being under the age of two.  There is alot of learning going on in this house.  Sometimes it's amilestones, like first steps.  Other times it is just plain funny.  So, I've decided to try and share some of this wisdom weekly. 

Yesterday, I was reading a blog of a MCC representative in Kinshasa.  We  have became good friends with both him and his wife.  While reading, I learned that apparrantly there is a World Toilet Day, which took place on the 19th of November, as it does every year. The Kinshasa newspaper gave three full pages to the theme, including more history than you need to know about toilets and photographs of some of Kinshasa’s choice installations.  Toilets are a big luxury in Kinshasa, I've witnessed that most people use the ditches that run along the streets.  Thankfully, I never had to resort to that.

Ironically, this is what Chad learned, I guess you can decide whether this is a milestone or not.  While I was running water for the boys' bath, Chad learned that bath toys work just as well in the toilet!   He sure was happy about it too!  Yes, sometimes we learn those things that we just shouldn't learn.  I guess no harm was actually done and I should be thankful that we were planning to take a bath anyway.


2 comments:

Let me know your reading! I'd love to hear from you!