OUR STORIBOOK

OUR STORIBOOK







Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wednesday's Wisdoms - Eagle, Cheese and a Crazy Mama!

As we were driving down the road yesterday afernoon, Livia and Parker learned that our national bird lives very close by.  Yes, we saw a Bald Eagle!  I would say it was a beautiful sight, but it was eating a dead deer.  We got a few pictures for our neighbors, who doubted me. I may be blonde, but I do know what a bald eagle looks like!


Earlier in the day, Chad and Ian were eating lunch and I was folding laundry.  Chad started yelling in a very proud voice, "Mama! Mama! Lookey!"  Chad learned he could stack cheese into a tall tower!  He was quite excited about it!


While Chad finished his cheese master piece.  I started my daily dance and song.  I have no idea why, but when both of the boys are in their chairs and looking at me across the bar.  I feel the need to break out in dance and song.  I sing Pink, Mama Mia, Aerosmith, John Lennon, Michael Jackson, and for some odd reason Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus is on the top ten list.  But the performance is just whatever happens to pop in my head.  And of course I have the moves to go with my wonderful voice (yes that would be the sound of sarcasm if you could hear me now).  I've even found myself doing a weird moonwalk with my feet and a hula dance all at the same time!  Well, anyway, usually the boys love it and join in nodding there head and waving their hands.  But on this particular day, Chad just looks at me straight faced and said, "Mama, you're CRAZY!"  My original thought was "What did he just say!?!"  But then I thought to myself, "Yeah, he is a pretty smart little cookie!"  Sorry.... no pictures of this one!

4 comments:

  1. That is so cute! E1 and E2 love singing PINK in my little mini cooper as we bop down the road, you should have seen Ted's face the other day when PINK's song came on and the boys started shouting "So what, I'm still a rock star! I got my rock moves..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see you now! Thank God I'm not the only one who does this sort of thing...although you do have the kids as an excuse! Chad is a pretty smart cookie if he's figured you out already. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forget the pictures-- I want to see video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chis, I would post a video, but I'd hate for you to steal some of my awesome moves! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your reading! I'd love to hear from you!