OUR STORIBOOK

OUR STORIBOOK







Sunday, June 21, 2009

Siblings!?!


After months of paperwork, in April we received a picture. At first we were told the picture was of two boys and that they didn''t think were related. We fell in love right a way! We soon found out that the picture was of a one-year-old boy named Dokta and his two-year-old sister named Linda. So, we were heart-broken. We could never seperate siblings. So, these two would have to wait for someone else to adopt them.

Or would they? After discussing adoption with the Ott's (Tim's family) over supper, Jamey suggested that we could take both of them. I looked at him to make sure he was serious and replied, "I was thinking the same thing!".

Oh, how quickly we fell deeper in love with these two! We made so many plans for them. We talked about them like they were already part of the family.

Sadly, in May we received news that their mama had been located and they were not up for adoption. I seriously felt like I had miscarried. It made such a hole in my heart. I was amazed at how much love and loss I could feel for two toddlers that I had never met.

Linda and Dokta, you will always be in our thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your reading! I'd love to hear from you!